It is difficult to list every service provided by the medical centre but some of the most frequently used services include the following:
- New patient health checks
- Chronic Disease Management. The practice nurses run clinics for long term conditions including asthma and COPD, diabetes, chronic heart disease
- Family Planning advices and contraception including the contraceptive pill, coil, contraceptive injections and Nexplanon implant fitting and removal
- Childhood Vaccination and Immunisation
- Other vaccination and immunisation including Flu & Pneumococcal, Travel*, Tetanus
- Minor Surgery which all of the doctors provide. Information regarding days and times of clinics is available from Reception.
- Cervical Smears
- Maternity Medical Services. Offered by all of the doctors in conjunction with the Community Midwife.
*We are currently offering a restricted service for travel advice and vaccinations. We are able to provide all NHS travel vaccination, but if any private vaccinations are required you will need to attend an external travel clinic.
Non NHS Service Charging Policy
Work that is not provided by the NHS, e.g. medicals, insurance claims & proposals, signing of certificates, can be provided on a private basis. A fee is payable to the practice for all private work. A list of charges for private services is displayed in reception. To download a copy, please click here.
Complimentary Medical Services
A variety of non NHS, independent health providers offer services at Wellington Medical Centre. Currently this includes a Chiropractor Podiatrist, and Physiotherapist.
Disclaimer of Liability
Wellington Medical Centre has no responsibility for the availability of these services, nor does Wellington Medical Centre endorse, warrant, guarantee or assume any legal liability for any the services provided. Please look at the notice boards in Reception and the Health Promotion Room for further information.
To access any of these services please speak to a receptionist for further information.